Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Youth in Revolt

Youth in Revolt is a coming-of-age comedy that puts a fresh and outrageous stamp on a tale of adolescent obsession and rebellion. Based on the acclaimed novel by C.D. Payne, Youth in Revolt is the story of Nick Twisp - a unique, but affable teen with a taste for the finer things in life like Sinatra and Fellini - who falls hopelessly in love with the beautiful, free-spirited Sheeni Saunders (Portia Doubleday) while on a family vacation. But family, geography and jealous ex-lovers conspire to keep these two apart. With Sheeni's encouragement, Nick abandons his dull, predictable life and develops a rebellious alter ego: Francois. With his ascot, his moustache and his cigarette, Francois will stop at nothing to be with Sheeni and leads Nick Twisp on a path of destruction with unpredictable and uproarious consequences.


This is exactly what you would expect from Michael Cera (Nick). I don't really care for the movies he's in. He always plays the same character, the weird boy who can't get a girl, finally does and screws it up and then gets her back at the end. The movie just has a weird feeling to it all together. Sure, there were parts that I liked, but not much. I think I laughed once. This is supposed to be a comedy! Not a movie for kids, lots of sexual content, drug use, and foul language. In the first 5 minutes there were at least 3 sexual scenes. It's basically about how Nick meets a Sheeni falls in love and gets into a lot of trouble to win her love. I think that is stupid because if someone can't accept you for who you are then don't worry about them.Well, I'm not going to go on that rabbit trail, back to the movie. This guy is just doomed to have horrible relationship problems because his mom has 2 different boyfriends in the movie and his dad has a 25 yr old girlfriend that leaves him for a druggie. Now, maybe this is your kind of movie, and if so you should definately watch it. I thought I would like it, but just didn't. I had to force myself to finish it so I could write my blog. So watch the trailer, if you like it click on the Amazon link to purchase it. I know that a lot of people do like it, I'm just not one of those people.

3 Trailers & a Clip

No comments: